Inflation in Pakistan is going up day by day instead of going down. The country is going through a lot of financial crises, which are affecting all the low-income Pakistanis very badly.
Even the petrol prices have increased by 22 lately, which has made the circumstances even worse for all the poor Pakistanis. However, you don’t need to worry anymore, as in this article, I’ll tell you about the Ehsaas emergency cash program, in which you’ll get up to RS. 14,000, which you can use to cover all of your expenses.
To learn more about this program and how you can apply for it, stay around until the end of this topic.
What is Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program?
When COVID hit Pakistan, life for poor people became quite difficult. They couldn’t go to work because there was quarantine everywhere. To help such people in this hard time, the Pakistani government launched the Ehsaas emergency cash program back in 2020. In this program, people would get RS. 12,000 one-time cash transfers in their bank accounts so that they could take their expenses.
Shehbaz Sharif, Pakistan’s prime minister, launched another Ehsaas emergency program in 2023. This program is basically the latest version of the old Ehsaas emergency cash program but with an RS.2,000 increase in the amount. This means the amount that you’ll get in this program now is RS.14,000. This new Ehsaas emergency program will help up to 15 million households.
What are the eligibility criteria for Ehsaas emergency cash? Let’s find that out now
Who’s Eligible for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program?
Just like all of the other programs launched in Ehsaas, the Ehsaas emergency cash program also has criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible for it.
- Women beneficiaries under the Ehsaas Kafala program have received RS. 12,000 rupees.
- Provincial governments are also providing payments through the Ehsaas Cash program.
AJK and Gilgit Baltistan are included in the program.
- Employees working in provinces and federal departments are ineligible for the program.
- The National Finance Commission (NFC) has set the fixed amounts for all Ehsaas programs in 2023.
- Punjab is allocating 7 million rupees and Sindh 2.5 million rupees to assist the poor.
- Other provinces are independently offering financial support through their own payment initiatives.
You need to meet these criteria if you want to be eligible for the program. How would you know that you’re eligible for the Ehsaas emergency program? Let’s learn how to find out that now.
Ehsaas Emergency Program Eligibility Check
Getting Ehsaas emergency cash is as simple as following these steps.
- Go to the official Ehsaas website at pass.gov.pk.
- Look for the “Emergency Cash” section on the website.
- Once you’re in the section, you’ll find an option to enter your CNIC number (Computerized National Identity Card number).
- Input your CNIC number into the provided space.
- After entering your CNIC number, you can check the status of your Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program application and confirm your eligibility right there on the website.
This is the best way to check your Ehsaas emergency cash program eligibility. After confirming that you’re eligible, the next thing that you have to do is to get the needed documents ready
Required Documents For Applying
Although there aren’t so many documents that you’ll need to apply for the Ehsaas emergency cash program, I’m just mentioning them below. Before you apply, make sure you have them ready.
- Registered mobile number.
- Email (optional).
So, what’s next? The next thing is to apply for the ehsaas emergency cash program.
How To Apply For The Ehsaas Emergency Program?
When you’ve confirmed that you meet the program’s eligibility criteria and have the documents ready, you’re good to apply for it. To apply for the program, you can follow the below-mentioned step-by-step guide.
- First of all, open up the Message app on your phone and then send your 13-digit CNIC number to 8171. This is the web portal number of the Ehsaas program. This will send your CNIC to get verified by the Nadra team.
- NADRA will verify if your CNIC is valid for the Ehsaas Cash program. If it’s not valid, you’ll receive a notification confirming this. If it is valid, you’ll move on to the next step automatically.
- If your CNIC is blocked, NADRA will inform you via SMS. To unblock your CNIC specifically for Ehsaas programs, you’ll need to visit the nearest NADRA office.
- Please note that married individuals who are employed are not eligible for the Ehsaas Cash program.
- If your CNIC is already part of the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) database, you’re eligible for online registration for the Ehsaas Cash program in 2023. You will receive a message explaining how you will receive the cash assistance.
- If your CNIC is not in the NSER database, you should visit the nearest BISP Ehsaas Registration Center in your district to apply for the Ehsaas program online in 2023.
It’s so easy to apply for the Other than that, there are other Ehsaas programs as well which are similar to the Ehsaas emergency programs
Other Ehsaas Cash Programs That You Can Consider Applying For:
Ehsaas has many amazing sub-programs in it that are made to help low-income people financially. I’ll tell you about each program so you’ll know what they’re about.
Ehsaas Amdan Program
The Ehsaas Amdan Programme is the best Ehsaas program for helping all those people who don’t have a job. This program provides up to Rs 25000 to all the needy people of Pakistan. It’s a one-time cash program. This program can be found online, and you can download a registration form if you’re interested. Fill that up, and then your application will be submitted.
Wazir-E-Azam Relief Package 5566
The other new Ehsaas program is the Wazir-E-Azam relief package, which won’t actually give you money but atta, ghee, and Cheeni at discounted rates. It’s only open to people who meet the Ehsaas program’s criteria.
Ehsaas Kafalat Program
Ehsaas kafaalat is made for all of the needy Pakistani women out there. In this program, the women’s kafaalat provides RS. 2,000 per month, which they can use to meet their expenses.
The Ehsaas emergency cash program is a great initiative taken by the prime minister of Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif. Although this program has been around since COVID-19 2020, Shehbaz Sharif has relaunched it with an increased amount of RS. 14,000. If you want to apply for it, you can do that by following the steps that I’ve mentioned above.